[GRASS5] [bug #1798] (grass) v.in.dxf writes bad dig_att file for labels

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Apr 12 09:48:18 EDT 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1798

Subject: v.in.dxf writes bad dig_att file for labels

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: cvs 4/3/2003

This is a known problem most recently discussed in [GRASSLIST:5986] with Paul Kelly's response [GRASSLIST:5992].  I know what the problem is.

In label_box.c,
 fprintf (label_fd->fd, "L %f %f %s\n",xinfo(0),yinfo(0),label);
clearly prints the label information in the dig_att file, which is wrong.

I have more details if someone can help me with the coding.

We need to add an index for the dig_att file and open the dig_cat file.

John Gillette
jg-Linux at NOSPAMtriad.rr.com