[GRASS5] 5.1 CVS head errors on Solaris

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Apr 16 11:01:35 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 02:26:41PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 09:02:11PM -0700, Chris Heg wrote:
> > > I have the following errors building the current 5.1 code on Solaris 8 sparc
[...]
> Line 873:
>
> LOC_CHECK_LIBS(mysqlclient,mysql_query,MySQL,$MYSQLLIBPATH,MYSQLLIB,,,,$ZLIB,$SOCKLIB,$MATHLIB)

Glynn,
may I ask to submit this as I have a really strange problem here:

GRASS 5.1.0-cvs:~/grass51 > autoconf
configure.in:39: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53

With 2.13 everything worked fine. As I want to use the external
PROJ4 (also a GRASS 5.1 requirement now), I had to upgrade to
Autoconf 2.5x as PROJ4/CVS since some weeks refuses to work with
autoconf 2.13.

But due to this update I cannot generate GRASS's configure any
more.

Do we need an upgrade of "aclocal.m4"? I browsed the web
but didn't find help so far. Is there any initialization to be
defined in configure.in? The file of PROJ4 didn't inspire me...

Markus