[GRASS5] [bug #1809] (grass) NVIZ top2 window doesnt resize

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 22 13:35:59 EDT 2003

Bob,

here is the snapshot
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/grassprobl/nviztop2kde.jpg

I am pretty sure that I have a subtle problem with graphics card drive,
Xfree
or whatever else controls windows
- I got a new processor and graphics card for my PC and a RedHat8 update
and there were problems with the driver for my new graphics card
(Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200). So I still think that this is my
problem and not GRASS problem - Pedro did you find a solution?
(e.g. by using gnome? or finding other possible fix?)

You can see that the top2 window is opened but it has the wrong size -
I can open the pulldown menus and it even expands and shrinks depending
on what I select but it does not get the vertical size right.
And this does not happen all the time - few times it actually opened
correctly and I was able to use it. However - this is not a problem for
me
because I use gnome anyway, but I was surprised to see that somebody
else got it too. So you are right that the problem is somewhere else
than
in re-sizeability of the top2 window

Helena