[GRASS5] [bug #2054] (grass) v.in.mif missing??

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Aug 7 17:14:55 EDT 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2054

Subject: v.in.mif missing??

Platform: Mac OSX
grass obtained from: compiled via fink
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.0.2

I went to use v.in.mif yesterday and discovered that the command is not present in .../grass5/
bin/

It is in the manual. I checked on the bug list. A couple people reported problems with it (earlier
versions of Grass 5.x) quite awhile back, but no indication that it had been pulled from the
distribution. Is it just my version or is it missing from all GRASS 5.0.2 distributions?

It would be a shame because a number of my colleagues in Spain have used MapInfo and we are
switching to GRASS.

Michael Barton
Arizona State University