[GRASS5] Roadmap: Numbering

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 13 08:57:45 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:51:13PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:23:12PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:28:43PM +0100, Paul Kelly wrote:
> > > On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> [...]
> > > That's why I chose to make major
> > > improvements to the 5.0 CVS as I could see the merge would be a long time
> > > coming.
> >
> > And with this you delayed the focus shift again. :/
> > No hard feeling for it, but GRASS coordination still is not as good
> > as it could be. Still any effort improving GRASS is helpful.
>
> Your statement is a bit unclear - what are your proposals for
> improved GRASS coordination?

I didn't make a good proposal.
This was just pointing out that Paul said
he choose to make major improvements
as the merge would be a long time coming.

Regarding to what I thought until the 5.3.x issue came up
we were close in shifting development and releasing 5.1.0
without a merge because that would not have been necessary.
Thus came out of the dark to me.
This is probably my fault as I assume that Paul will have said
so a lot earlier and I cannot read all posts, so I don't think
it is anybodies fault.

And I don't have more time to do it better,
so I'm grateful for the efforts.