[GRASS5] Re: 5.0.3 release candidate 1

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Aug 23 05:52:53 EDT 2003

Hamish wrote:

> > Now testers are needed to try release candidate 1:
> > http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass50/
> >
> > ->  grass-5.0.3rc1_src.tar.gz 24M
>
> Is there any hope of getting --with-readline working for 5.0.3?

Readline already works in 5.0.2, *provided* that libreadline has
dependency information.

> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/1000

As mentioned in that message, the problem is that, if libreadline
doesn't have dependency information, how do we decide which of
lib[n]curses, libtinfo or libtermcap we should use in order to get
tgetnum() etc.

Note that it may matter as to which one we choose; depending upon
which one we use, r.mapcalc might work perfectly, or it might only
work on certain types of terminal, or it might not work at all.

Also note that automated tests won't necessarily help; it's entirely
possible that using the wrong library will result in an r.mapcalc
which compiles and links without error but is unusable.