[GRASS5] Re: 5.0.3 release candidate 1

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 09:40:09 EDT 2003

> > > Now testers are needed to try release candidate 1:
> >
> > NVIZ with Tcl/Tk 8.4: (on debian/testing) [WISH=/usr/bin/wish8.4]
> >
> > GRASS:~ > nviz rastermap
> > [...]
> > Update elev null mask
> > building color table
> > child killed: segmentation violation
>
> Remains to be an open problem (does the CVS HEAD work ?).

Nope.  [Latest CVS HEAD, Tcl/Tk 8.4 on Debian Testing]

I don't get the page full errors after a segmentation violation as with
5.0.3rc1, but it does freeze up (0% cpu) at the first instance of "exec"
in etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script

(Adding panels section)
line 82(?):
    set panels [exec cat $index]

(I tried placing some exec's further up in the script & they did the
same lock-up)

Hamish