[GRASS5] GMSL/g3d error on OSX compile

William K woklist at charter.net
Wed Dec 10 12:57:04 EST 2003

Yes, --with-glw --with-motif --with-*-includes= --with-*-libs= works.

I've successfully built this with LessTif installed, tho I haven't
tested it yet.

Strangely, now that I look at it again, tho I find libGLw.a (it comes
with Apple's X11), I see that configure failed to find GLw because
_GLwCreateMDrawingArea was missing (it finds the GLw headers).  There
are _GLwCreateM1DrawingArea and _GLwCreateM2DrawingArea though, and
GLwCreateMDrawingArea is #defined in GLwDrawA.h to be one of those
depending on the Motif version.  So maybe the configure test needs
work?  Or is Apple's GLw buggered?  Yet showdspf.openGL compiled
successfully.

On Dec 10, 2003, at 11:14 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> You also need to use the --with-glw and --with-motif switches, and
> possibly the corresponding --with-*-includes= and/or --with-*-libs=
> switches.
>
> Also, you need to have both GLw and Motif installed. GLw is included
> with recent versions of XFree86 (e.g. /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLwM.a), and
> is also available from Mesa (http://mesa3d.sourceforge.net/).
>
> For Motif, you could try LessTif (http://www.lesstif.org/), although I
> don't know whether it will be sufficiently compatible. Commercial Unix
> implementations normally include Motif; Linux users can use OpenMotif,
> which is free, but only for "Open Source" operating systems.

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin