[GRASS5] [bug #2238] (grass) r.series: support for wildcards in input filenames

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Dec 2 11:12:56 EST 2003

Huddleston, John wrote:

> The g.parser usage is <filename> [<argument> ...]
>
> For it to be changed the logic would be to loop through the arguments
> until a non-file name occurs.   Logic would have to be added to see if
> any arguments remain.    If this is acceptable design, I can add the code.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.

What I was suggesting was basically:

1. Add an additional type, for use in the "type" field of
"struct Option", e.g. TYPE_FILENAME.

2. If an option had:

	opt->type == TYPE_FILENAME && opt->multiple

then G_parser() would do glob expansion, so in Hamish' example, using:

	input=insitu_data.*

would have the same result as:

	input=insitu_data.001,insitu_data.002,...,insitu_data.052