[GRASS5] GRASS5.7: pg.postgisdb path to libgis partially hard-coded

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Dec 4 13:05:32 EST 2003

Hello,

Trying to use pg.postgisdb, I realised that part of the path to postgis is
hard-coded:

when I give the option '-P /usr/lib/postgresql' I get

libpostgis.so.x.x dir: '/usr/lib/postgresql/lib/contrib/

In the pg.postgisdb script this seems to be defined at line 176:

libpostgisdir="$postgis/lib/contrib/"

However, I have the postgis library installed directly in
/usr/lib/postgresql/lib/ without a contrib directory. In order to use the
module, I had to create a directory contrib and symlink from that
directory back to the library file.

Is there any reason to suppose the existance of any specific directories ?

Moritz