[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1962] Re: (DY)LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 10:49:22 EST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Friday 05 December 2003 15:35, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me how to change LD_LIBRARY_PATH to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > globally? Even though the configuration file says:
> >
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR="DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> >
> > under the definition for Darwin-*, I still get the following:

[...]
> > notice that its NOT using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH as it is supposed to.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> This was fixed 28.11.2003 in cvs.

But as far as I can see it's still not using the definition from
aclocal.m4 that Christopher is talking about. It might as well be
used seeing it's there and would be a cleaner solution. I think Glynn
mentioned this as well.

Would the solution be to make init.sh init.src instead, and the Makefile
in lib/init can create init.sh from init.src by doing a sed command to
substitute in the proper value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VER (which would be set
in Platform.make probably)? Something like how the binary install script
is generated?

If this solution makes sense to people I could try doing it.

Paul