[GRASS5] proj feature

Christian G. Tveen cgt at navicon.dk
Tue Dec 9 04:12:56 EST 2003

Hi,

This mail is intended as information on pj_get_string(), which might be
usefull to others using this method, or maybe its a feature that should
be fixed (or I'm misusing it :-)

I've had a little fight setting a pj_info structure. I have such a
structure that I need to recenter quite often, so I have made a method
to re-initialize  the structure, for which I use pj_get_string().
However, the structure is not completely initialized if it has been used
before. To make it work, one has to memset the structure to 0 before
calling pj_get_string().

Regards Christian G. Tveen

PS: If anybody knows if it would be safe just to enter the projection
center directly into the projection structure, I would appreciate that
information. I can't right away figure out if the projection on
initialisation time calculates som intermediate variables based on the
projection center that would not be updated if I later changes the
projection center.