[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1960] can't find statvfs.h [r.terraflow on MaxOSX]

William K woklist at charter.net
Wed Dec 10 10:05:25 EST 2003

> r.terraflow fails to compile on MacOSX 10.3 due to a missing
> sys/statvfs.h.
>
> In Debian this file is included in the libc6-dev package.
> It apparently supplies links to filesystem info.
>

> Anyone know what Fink package or otherwise might supply this?
>
> Or can the dependancy be written out of
>  src.contrib/DUKE/r.terraflow/main.cc
>
> main.cc:#include <sys/statvfs.h>
> main.cc:  struct statvfs statbuf;
> main.cc:  statvfs(getenv(STREAM_TMPDIR), &statbuf);

When I tried this a while back, I found a statfs in mount.h. The few
bits of info I could find implied that they are pretty much the same,
possibly compatible (I don't think it ever got to the point later to
verify that).  After changing the include and all references to
statvfs, compiling proceeded, then failed later with a bunch of precomp
errors.  Further changes here and there for each new problem and I
finally gave up.

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy