[GRASS5] Changes between 5.0.1 release and current CVS head

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 3 14:41:55 EST 2003

I have mistakenly emailed this just to Glynn, but some comments from
others would be useful
so I am re-sending it to the list.

Helena

> Glynn Clements wrote:
>
> > My comments follow. I'd appreciate comments from the authors of any
> > changes marked "Probably" or "Don't know".
>
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/panel_kanimator.tcl
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/panel_main.tcl
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/anim_support.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/change_view.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/getCat.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/init_commands.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/interface.h
> > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/position.c
> >       ???
> >>Don't know.
>
> > src/libes/ogsf/GK2.c
> > src/libes/ogsf/GS2.c
> > src/libes/ogsf/gk.c
> > src/libes/ogsf/gpd.c
> > src/libes/ogsf/gsd_prim.c
> > src/libes/ogsf/local_proto.h
> >       ???
> >>Don't know.

 I assume that the above are Bob's improvements and they need some
testing.
 We will try this week but getting more people to try it would help.
 I have put a copy of Bob's message at the end - testing keyframe
 animations may be harder for those who haven't done it before
 but testing the large site files is easy and it makes a big difference
 if you have million points (e.g. from LIDAR) and want to zoom into
 a small place. So if these work they should be included.

> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/general/g3.region/editcellhd3d.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.mapcalc/mapcalc/xcoor.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.mapcalc/mapcalc/xrowcol.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.null/main.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.out.ascii/main.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.out.v5d/main.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.out.v5d/v5d.h
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/sites/s.vol.idw/main.c
> > src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/sites/s.vol.rst/user1.c
> >       ??? (AV)
>
> >>Probably (g3d isn't built by default, so compatibility isn't an issue).
>
> > src/libes/g3d/g3dresample.c
> > src/libes/g3d/g3dwindow.c
> >       ??? (AV)
>
> >>Don't know.
 These are probably important fixes by Alfonso Vitti so they should be
 included - Alfonso, John Harrop, Jaro, and whoever had a chance to work
with it can
 you comment on it?

> > + src.contrib/DUKE/
> >       Added (r.terraflow)
> >
> > + src.contrib/GMSL/r.simwe/
> >       Added
>
> >>Probably.

 these are new modules - they work but they are being further developed
 and could benefit from testing. So they can be included but I suggest
 that they are in the same category as the g3d stuff - not being built
 by defualt.