[GRASS5] fifo configure

Andreas Lange Andreas.C.Lange at GMX.de
Tue Feb 4 12:16:04 EST 2003

Glynn Clements wrote:
> > (2)  The monitorcap file did not work until I added full paths.
>
> This is due to:
>
>         date: 2002/01/04 17:04:17;  author: andreas;  state: Exp;  lines: +14 -14
>         removed absolute paths in monitorcap file
>
> in:
>
>         src/display/devices/HTMLMAP/Gmakefile
>         src/display/devices/HTMLMAP/moncap.entry
>         src/display/devices/PNGdriver/Gmakefile
>         src/display/devices/PNGdriver/moncap.entry
>         src/display/devices/monitorcap/Gmakefile
>         src/display/devices/monitorcap/monitorcap
>
> Andreas: was there a specific reason for this change? It won't work
> with FIFOs (and the field is ignored when using sockets).

sorry, i can't remember why i removed the absolute paths. But i suspect
it was because the install script does not replace the paths, so it is
not relocatable with absolute paths.
IMHO the binary installation script does not modify the paths, so the
package would'nt be relocatable with absolute paths.

The other question is why FIFOs are needed in this case.

Andreas