[GRASS5] Hold or submit to CVS?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Feb 5 04:50:23 EST 2003

Glynn,
(cc grass5)

as you are (hopefully) taking care of the 5.0.2 release_branch
sync, I would like to ask if I should hold new CVS code submissions
or submit them:

- s.vol.rst:
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:24:44PM +0100, Jaro Hofierka wrote:
> Markus,
>
> please find enclosed changed files for s.vol.rst.
> Regarding your question - 5.0.2 - it is not necessary to include these
> changes in 5.0.2 - I just wanted to include them in CVS and later
> in regular release.
>
> Jaro

There are also
 - various NVIZ updates from Bob Covill (mixture of bugfixes and new
   features), changes also to lib/ogsf/

 - r.sun:
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:08:52PM +0100, Jaro Hofierka wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > r.sun - added null data support, code optimization, now runs almost 2x
> > > faster (thanks to Marcel and Thomas Huld from JRC Ispra) + update to man
> > > page
> > > Those recent changes are just 1 day old, so I included them in my
> > > version this afternoon. I am sending you just changed files as
> > > requested.
> > Jaro, sorry, I have to verify:
> > The last changes were done:
> >         * main.c: Always specify an ellipsoid along with the projection
> >         type
> >         * main.c: Implement general datum transformation support in
> >         [rsv].proj, Fix some other programs' usage of the GRASS PROJ.4
> >         wrapper functions     to reflect changes in these.
> > You are sure that those are in your version?
> Markus,
>
> I checked these once again and it seems to be ok. But I did some changes
> to other parts of the code so you can use this update. Thanks,
>
> Jaro

Should I wait until the 5.0.2 sync is done?

 Markus