[GRASS5] CygWIN: MinGW compilation of R/GRASS interface

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Feb 14 05:07:48 EST 2003

Roger Bivand wrote:

> Grateful for any suggestions about where to look!

My initial suspicion is that MinGW's versions of the Unix I/O
functions (open, creat, read, write) perform LF<->CRLF conversion.

On Unix, these functions don't do any conversion.

On Cygwin, they may or may not do conversion, depending upon more
factors than I care to list here. However, if conversion gets
performed, you get a corrupted database.

There is some stuff at the bottom of MinGW's fcntl.h (_fmode,
_setmode()) that looks as if it might be relevant. However, I don't
have any documentation for MinGW, only the headers.