[GRASS5] CygWIN: MinGW compilation of R/GRASS interface

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Feb 18 05:15:53 EST 2003

Hi,

I've submitted GRASS_0.2-2 to CRAN, thanks for your help. One problem that
I hit is that strlen() in G_store() usually crashes (MinGW and gcc RH
2.96) when passed a NULL string - a test might be an idea anyway in
libes/gis/store.c. I've put a full list of diffs, the source package, and
a Windows binary build on http://spatial.nhh.no/R/GRASS/index.html

The only additional functions are in libes/gis/env.c, to get and set the
init flag in open_env(). Beyond that, I've used the logic of Frank
Warmerdam's gisinit2, and make_loc from libgrass to create a temporary
GISDBASE to run examples in.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand