[GRASS5] [bug #1664] (grass) error during compilation of SG3d module

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 08:41:08 EST 2003

Note that the IRIX binaries on the GRASS website include SG3d. I had to
make some local modifications to get it to compile. When I have time
later on I will have a look at putting those into CVS.

Changing GL/gl.h to gl/gl.h will also work (gl.h is a symlink to gl/gl.h),
and you need to add #include "site.h" to some files; that is all I can
remember off-hand but I will try and fix it later.

I don't think you have to compile libimage; all recent versions of IRIX
include it anyway. The panel library was fairly awkward to compile and
uses ordinary Makefiles, not part of the GRASS gmake5 system so it had to
be compiled separately first. I'm not sure how easy it would be to
incorporate this into the GRASS build system.

Also SG3d is currently disabled in the src/CMD/lists/GRASS compile-list.
If this was re-enabled I'm not sure how to make its compilation conditional
on being compiled on an SGI system. Hopefully it wouldn't have to involve
lots of #ifdef __sgi in the source code.

SG3d still includes a few very useful features not available in other
GRASS modules so it is worth having.

Paul Kelly