[GRASS5] v.digit color name mismatch

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Feb 25 07:49:09 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 08:10 am, Jaro Hofierka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I fully support your opinion. I am a developer but also a user and I
> understand very well how important
> is a stable and reliable system in critical projects. As a developer I
> am a bit uncertain if I should work on modules
> for grass5.1 or grass5.0 because some of grass5.0 modules have been
> already transfered to grass5.1.
> If I want to make some improvements to grass modules should I work on
> grass5.0 or grass5.1 modules?

Which modules exactly? RST library? Most of files in that library is linked
from 5.0.

> Perhaps a core team of grass5.1 developers should keep grass5.1 as
> minimal as possible in terms of number
> of modules transferred from grass5.0 unless development of grass5.0 is
> stopped.

In other words: "Stop 5.1 development! We have to wait until 5.1 is stable."
Only vector modules are uploaded to 5.1, everything other is linked from 5.0.

I understand, that people using rasters only don't need 5.1, and their
life would be easier without 5.1, but to do something with vectors in 5.0
is realy problem, waiting hours for v.support, then get
WARNING: line xxxx label: xxxx matched another label: xxxx.,
create new vector for each attribute in shapefile, etc.

Radim