[GRASS5] White spaces support

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 27 12:49:39 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 04:26:31PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have commited some changes to CVS to support white space
> to some extend.
>
> GRASS:/tmp/grass data > g.gisenv
> GISDBASE=/tmp/grass data
> LOCATION_NAME=rmapcalcUTM
> MAPSET=PERMANENT
> MONITOR=x0
> GRASS_GUI=text
>
> GRASS:/tmp/grass data > pwd
> /tmp/grass data
> GRASS:/tmp/grass data > l
> total 4
> drwxr-xr-x    3 neteler  ssi          4096 Feb 27 16:12 rmapcalcUTM
> GRASS:/tmp/grass data >
>
> It's possible to start GRASS now with white spaces.

A followup: Further changes to the startup scripts
are committed. Now also

grass5 "grass data/rmapcalcUTM/PERMANENT/"

works.
This update was a bit more tricky. I have changed:
src/general/init/grass.src
src/general/init/init.sh

and tried hopefully most possible combinations.

TODO:
- Missing (and left to a tcl expert) is an update of
  src/tcltkgrass/main/gis_set.tcl

  to fix white space problem when starting
  grass5 -tcltk
  in a directory, where subdirectory name(s) contain white space.
- fix for g.list
- maybe other modules.

Markus