[GRASS5] GRASS 5.1: v.to.rast?

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Jan 26 03:48:26 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 09:05:44AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> for GRASS 5.1 a new v.to.rast is required. Question is from which
> code to start: the old v.to.rast from 5.0, the enhanced version
> here
> http://grass.itc.it/outgoing/
>
> or something different (probably yes!). May s.cellstats be a
> good starting point?

s.cellstats probably isn't useful.  There are a couple of interesting
sort implementations I stuck in s.cellstats though (maybe useful for
other modules).  For large /N/ the shellsort averaged between 1.5 and 2
times as fast as glibc qsort given a "random" array of ints.  See the
qisort.c for the original author and a variant of qsort().  Cool.

I've got a couple other sorts from this "pete" person -- he likes to
"race them", if anyone is interested...

--
echo ">gra.fcw at 2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse