[GRASS5] datum transforms...

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 13:02:13 EST 2003

Hello everyone
I've committed to CVS the changes described in my e-mail of 15th January
(See http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-January/004562.html ) and
would appreciate testing and bug reports on the new datum transformation
capabilities in GRASS.

I intend to further improve on this, not changing the functionality, but
implementing it more cleanly. This will avoid the need for the GRASS and
PROJ.4 datum lists to be in sync (as at present) and should enable GRASS
to work with a shared PROJ.4 library by only passing the necessary
underlying datum and ellipsoid parameters to it. The GRASS datum table
format and functions need to be improved to do this and I will post my
suggestions and ask for comments in due course.

Hoping the improvements are useful for someone,

Paul