[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.1 released

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 28 10:36:41 EST 2003

Markus,

I did not realize that r.mapcalc fixes are not included 5.0.1
One reason I do not recomend people using 5.0.0 (and why I don't
use it myself - we use either pre3 or the CVS version)
 is that r.mapcalc released with 5.0.0 does not write the command
into the history files - that makes r.mapcalc practically unusable
for any bigger project. I hoped that it will be fixed in 5.0.1
Or am I missing something? Why wasn't the updated r.mapcalc included?
What is the point of releasing 5.0.1 - the fixes there are really
minimal (at least accordining to the news) while the important ones
were not included. Would it be better to wait with the release and get
at least
r.mapcalc and datum projections there. What is holding r.mapcalc ?

thanks,

Helena