[GRASS5] [bug #1550] (grass) Grass Launch Error on OS X

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Jan 29 01:19:55 EST 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1550

Subject: Grass Launch Error on OS X

I'm running grass on Mac OS X.2 I installed grass from binaries, but couldn't
figure out those patches so I didn't install them. I was running grass for the
first time with the display exported to the machine I was working on. I then
quit grass and opened it again. The user interface opened up and then I
clicked on the "New Location" button. It then crashed and told me to tell you.
I tried to lauch it after that, but I won't work.

So here I am. I don't really know what I'm doing, so this could be totally my
fault, but It told me to tell you.

dan

voila:

Cleaning up temporary files.....
done

Goodbye from GRASS GIS

[student-05drw:local/share/grassdata] danwein% grass5
Starting GRASS ...
: command not foundtc/Init.sh:
: command not foundtc/Init.sh:
: command not foundtc/Init.sh:
: command not foundtc/Init.sh:
: command not foundtc/Init.sh:
: command not foundtc/Init.sh:
ERROR: Invalid return code from gis_set.tcl.
Please advise GRASS developers of this error.
ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set
/usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: GISDBASE: parameter null or not set
[student-05drw:local/share/grassdata] danwein% grass5
Starting GRASS ...
Error in startup script: can't read "env_location": no such variable
    while executing
"set location $env_location"
    (procedure "searchGISRC" line 23)
    invoked from within
"searchGISRC $gisrc_name"
    (file "/usr/local/grass5/tcltkgrass/script/gis_set.tcl" line 1)