[GRASS5] [bug #1559] (grass) 5.1 wish: Change default background color to white or var

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Jan 31 10:53:16 EST 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1559

Subject: 5.1 wish: Change default background color to white or var

grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Dear developers,

as monitors are much better nowadays than 10-20 years ago (refresh rate),
I would like to propose (GRASS 5.1) to either change default background
color to white or, better, allow for an environmental variable defining
the color.

Such variable exists already:
 GRASS_BACKGROUNDCOLOR
but is currently only used for the PNG driver.

I tried to understand the related XDRIVER code, but don't know where
to add support for GRASS_BACKGROUNDCOLOR.

Maybe we also define GRASS_FOREGROUNDCOLOR for default vector line colors etc.

Regards

 Markus Neteler