[GRASS5] Unofficial Grass 5.0.2 for Debian Woody available

Nephero nephero at supereva.it
Tue Jul 1 01:40:43 EDT 2003

My name is Giuseppe Dia and I'm an Eng student at Palermo.
I did an unofficial Grass 5.0.2 debian package for Woody. Actually it's based on Federico de Gregorio testing package, as I basically gave just an uupdate. But there are some other fixes I'd like to share, like a patch for a compilation error in the PNGdriver part, which now compiles and runs fine.
It was compiled and tweaked on a Debian stable, so I guess it could be useful to someone. At the present moment, as I stated in the NVIZ mailing list, everything runs fine, except Nviz who's still hangs at rendering spearfish' aspect (maybe it doesn't hang, it's just me that I can't stand waiting :) ). Now I've got still to undestand if it's my fault or a Nviz bug. Otherwise with other maps Nviz runs just fine.
I actually didn't change nothing in Nviz code, after some fussing around with tcl.8.2, I just skipped to 8.3 and solved my problems. (with 8.2 and a small change in source nviz 'd compile just fine, but gave a "child killed" at run time...)
Postgres support is disabled but it may enabled easily. The .deb package is without postgres . If postgres support was fixed in 5.0.2 I can easily repackage it with postgres support (just tell me) or someone else can (there are the deb-sources)

http://ezralabs.esaurito.net/repository/debian/grass/

it's my personal repository. There you can find binary and source packages. Please note that the source tar.gz is not the same of the official 5.0.2 as I made some fixes.
It may be offline now and then, so I suggest you should run a local copy if you like it. It also should be aptgettable:
deb http://ezralabs.esaurito.net/repository/debian/grass/ ./
deb-src http://ezralabs.esaurito.net/repository/debian/grass/ ./

Here there's the small fix I made to fix PNGdriver which didn't compile at once:
http://ezralabs.esaurito.net/repository/debian/grass/patch-Text2.c

And finally the lintian report for the .deb
http://ezralabs.esaurito.net/repository/debian/grass/grass_5.0.2.lintian
If someone with Woody want to try the package, I'd be very happy. Please report problems and suggestions here, or write me at giusedia at libero.it.
I'd like to thank Fog for the marvellous work he did, without this package could probably not exist.
Please also note (the packages) are provided "AS IS" and I'm not responsible if you use them and burn down your school or other nasty things.
Contact me at once for any problems.
Have fun                                                                                                                            Giuseppe Dia

<...Se Dio esiste, spero abbia una scusa
valida.> (D.Pennac, La fata carabina)
ICQ 100006302
jabber iapx8088 at jabber.org
irc iapx8088 (@azzurra.com)