[GRASS5] compile error in splitfont.c in module for_grass

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Jul 8 11:20:34 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I tried the proposed patch, but it still fails (gcc 3.2.2 on Mandrake 9.1).

A couple of other things to try include:

1. Change the type of the variable "achar" from char to int (the code
assumes that achar can hold negative values, but C doesn't specify
whether char is signed or unsigned).

2. Change the second argument to memset() (at line 63) from a
character literal to an integer literal, i.e.:

		memset(map, 0, sizeof(map));

I don't have gcc 3.x, so I can't test any of this.