[GRASS5] Re: ps.map add-ons

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Fri Jul 11 08:46:28 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have applied some ps.map changes to CVS under grass5.1. These changes
include:

1. Added geographic grid support for drawing geographic grids. The
option includes a few routines which include a "boardwalk" type routine
to get the geographic region min max, a check to catch lines and numbers
outside of the grid, and the general plotting routines. This routine
will probably need lots of testing to catch all of its quirks.

2. Added a scalebar instruction. I seperated this out with a number of
configurable options. These include two types of scalebars ... a simple
line scalebar with annotated tics, and a fancy scalebar with annotated
alternating black and white boxes. Other options include location,
length, height, no. of increments, and no. of annotations. Other options
could be added as we see fit.

3. Added a "cross" option to the "grid" instruction. This will draw grid
intersection crosses at the user defined size, instead of grid lines.
The default is to draw grid lines.

4. Added a "raster" option to the colorbar instruction. This allows a
colortable to be drawn for a raster other than the one selected. I also
changed the behaviour of the float colorbar to draw black lines across
the bar at the annotated position. The lines previously seemed to be
going in the other direction, as oversized tics. I was not sure what the
prefered appearance was?

5. Updated the page size routines to correctly change the size if the
"rotate" flag is used. The map scale was unaffected if the rotate flag
was used.

6. Updated the description.html page to include the latest options. Let
me know if they need more clarification, etc.

I also naticed that the CELL colortable (ps_clrtbl.c) only uses the
category data from a raster. Should it also be able to use the real data
from the raster? Perhaps "use cats" should be an option in colortable?

Let me know if there are any problems or questions about
the above changes.

--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting