[GRASS5] Compiling grass-jni

brurien at netscape.net brurien at netscape.net
Tue Jul 15 23:07:01 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm trying to compile GRASS-JNI. I followed the procedure explained in the INSTALL file but I get several errors when I run make jar:

[bruno at localhost grass.java]$ make jar
javac -deprecation -g -d . GRASS/libgis.java
GRASS/libgis.java:130: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class GRASSException
location: class GRASS.libgis
  ) throws GRASSException {
           ^
GRASS/libgis.java:174: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class GRASSException
location: class GRASS.libgis
  public libgis(String appname) throws GRASSException {
                                       ^
GRASS/libgis.java:406: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Cellhead
location: class GRASS.libgis
  public native Cellhead G_get_window();
                ^
GRASS/libgis.java:423: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Cellhead
location: class GRASS.libgis
  public native Cellhead G_get_default_window();
                ^
GRASS/libgis.java:477: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Cellhead
location: class GRASS.libgis
  public native void G_set_window(Cellhead ch) throws GRASSException;
                                  ^
GRASS/libgis.java:477: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class GRASSException
location: class GRASS.libgis
  public native void G_set_window(Cellhead ch) throws GRASSException;
                                                      ^

etc etc. I'm attaching the modified GNUmakefile. I would appreciate any help.