[GRASS5] r.terraflow not found...

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Jun 9 18:38:59 EDT 2003

Jeff D. Hamann wrote:

> I've recently stumbled across r.terraflow while performing google searches
> and it sounds like the tool I'm looking for right now. When I tried to find
> the command in the latest and greatest GRASS dist (cygwin 5.0.2), couldn't
> find it. At least not in the binary dist.
>
> Is it in there?

It isn't in the 5.0.2 binary packages. The source code is in the 5.0.2
source packages and the CVS release branch, but the build system
doesn't have the necessary extensions.

Whereas the rest of GRASS is written in C, r.terraflow is written in
C++. This required some extensions to the build system; in turn, it
was decided (by me, primarily) that this was too controversial for
5.0.2 (i.e. the small risk of breaking everything outweighed the
benefits of one additional module).

If you want r.terraflow, you can either try building it manually (i.e.
hacking src/CMD/*) from the 5.0.2 source, or obtain the development
version from CVS (which has the necessary changes to configure etc;
you have to specify the --with-cxx switch in order for r.terraflow to
be built).