[GRASS5] anyone use/need fragstats?

Jeff D. Hamann jeff_hamann at hamanndonald.com
Tue Jun 17 16:52:55 EDT 2003

I'm going to be taking a couple of months off from work and will be
completing a few projects I've been wanting to do for some time. I would
like to start to contribute to the GRASS project in earnest (an
assistantship would be great, but not required) and I'm not sure about how
much I'll be able to contribute to the 5.1 code stream. I *really* need lots
more functionality in the vector libs (be able to generate adjacency lists,
simple stats) and would like to contribute lots to the database
functionality. I need to be able to store more than one attribute to a
polygon and I need to be able to perform ARC/INFO UNION type operations. So,
my questions are:

1) Would it be useful to port FRAGSTATS for those landscape planning folks?
2) Is there a function that currently allows you to combine vector areas and
the values as well?
3) It sounds like the release date for 5.1 is about two years out. I need
this/these function this fall. Should I even try?
4) Are there people that are in the Pacific Northwest I could talk (voice)
to regarding these issues? Anywhere?

Thanks for now,
Jeff.

Jeff D. Hamann