[GRASS5] gpc and CGAL non-free

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 18 13:06:37 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:47:39PM -0400, John Gillette wrote:
> Ref: general polygon clipper library (gpc)
>      http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software/index.html
>
>      CGAL, the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library
>      CGAL Basic Library Manuals, Polygon Operations
>      http://www.cgal.org/Manual/doc_html/index.html

Keep in mind that both gpc and CGAL are non-free.

Looking at their code for reference _might_ get you into trouble
if you implement similiar functionality some day.
(I know that is a hard thing to say, but looking at the screaming SCO
comes up with in the ongoing kernel case we really see the dangers
of proprietory code. And this is depressing.)