[GRASS5] Trouble with d.what.v.pg

Chris Heg cheg01 at attbi.com
Mon Mar 10 04:17:17 EST 2003

I'm trying to run d.what.v.pg in 5.0.2 CVS head in the command line mode. It fails with an error if I select a text column from the database.

Executing
SELECT * from POLBNDA_area where nam=8222
Error: select Postgres:ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'text' and 'integer'
You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

If I select a numeric column, I get no error but also get no results: it returns "0 rows selected". It looks like buildPg.c is assigning the category value from dig_cats to the variable that is supposed to hold the search results. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?