[GRASS5] Re: NVIZ compile problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat May 3 00:24:03 EDT 2003

Bob Covill wrote:

> I think you are on the right track. My only worry is that
> glXGetCurrentDisplayEXT() may not be the standard function for pre GLX
> 1.2. Unfortunately all of my machinces are post 1.2 so it is difficult
> to test.

It would be better to just avoid the use of glXGetCurrentDisplay[EXT]
altogether.

> Out of curiousity I replaced my
> dpy = glXGetCurrentDisplay();
> with
> dpy = XOpenDisplay(0);
> and it worked. You should close the XOpenDisplay at the end of the
> function (before return fontbase).
>
> Could you see if this works for you. It may be a more generic display
> query that is not subject to library versions.

AFAICT, the OGSF library should not be using any glX functions, or
even any X-specific functions.

The version in 5.0.2 doesn't use a single Xlib or glX function; it
uses functions from other GRASS libraries, TIFF, GL/GLU and ANSI
functions from libc/libm, and so should be completely portable (i.e.
the 5.0.2 OGSF library should work with a native Windows version).