[GRASS5] CC_ routines obsolete list

John Gillette JGillette at rfmd.com
Wed May 7 12:48:49 EDT 2003

I agree with Markus and Paul concerning the modules with CC_ routines.

Here is what I think the conclusion is:

v.apply.census       [1]
v.in.tig.basic       obsolete by OGR
v.in.tig.lndmk       [1]
v.mkgrid             keep
v.mkquads            keep
i.tape.tm3           obsolete by GDAL
m.datum.shift        obsolete by PROJ.4
m.gc2ll/cmd          obsolete by PROJ.4
m.ll2gc/cmd          obsolete by PROJ.4
m.ll2u/cmd           obsolete by PROJ.4
m.region.ll          obsolete by PROJ.4
m.tiger.region       obsolete by OGR
m.u2ll               obsolete by PROJ.4
r.in.dem             probably obsolete by GDAL
r.in.ll              probably obsolete by GDAL
s.datum.shift        obsolete by s.proj
src.contrib/NPS      probably obsolete
d.fix.ortho          obsolete by i.rectify
v.mkquads.scs        obsolete, same as v.mkquads?
v.out.sdts           perhaps not used?
r.in.hdf             obsolete by GDAL
v.in.tig.rim         obsolete, required data base not used

[1] I have been looking at these.
    I would say: specialized, if needed rewrite

"probably obsolete" to me means, don't spend any time on
it unless someone asks.

With respect to the Census tiger programs, these are perfect for
having the data files loaded into postgres for linkage to the
map files produced by v.in.ogr.

I suggest you post list to GRASSLIST and ask for comment.

John