[GRASS5] GRASS 5.1 compile error

GFernandez-Victorio at IGAE.minhac.es GFernandez-Victorio at IGAE.minhac.es
Tue May 20 09:53:38 EDT 2003

> gcc -g -Wall  -Wall  -I/data/GRASSCVS/grass51/include
> -I/data/GRASSCVS/grass51/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/include
> -I/data/GRASSCVS/grass51/include
> -I/data/GRASSCVS/grass51/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/include \
>         -o OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/lex.yy.o -c lex.yy.c
> lex.l: In function `yyerror':
> lex.l:235: `YY_FLUSH_BUFFER' undeclared (first use in this function)
> lex.l:235: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> lex.l:235: for each function it appears in.)
> lex.l: At top level:

Moritz.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I found at Google that it
seems to be related to an ancient bug in flex.
I was using Debian unstable, and the problem went
away when I did two simultaneous things (yes I know that isn't the best
method ;D):

a) apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

b) Build Flex from sources. It was interesting trying to find source code.

I saw when I updated last sunday that flex had changed. I haven't compile
GRASS
from then. Maybe the problem of flex has came back, (or maybe didn't went
away
with Debian, but with my own build).

If you're using Debian unstable, try to update. If the problem doesn't go
away,
maybe we should fill a bug report on Debian Flex.

I'l try to find out more about the problem this night at home, including
what using
of flex am I using.

Hope this helps

Gonzalo