[GRASS5] TODOs - Wishes for 5.0.3

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue May 27 18:08:40 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> since we have a long list of new developments/improvements in
> CVS HEAD, it's time to think about the next release.
> Question is what we would like to see in 5.0.3 and
> what should go into 5.1/5.2 instead.
>
> What I would like to see in 5.0.3:

> - many small things, to be checked with cvs diff to
>   the release branch

The relevant script is tools/diff.sh.

> - r.terraflow, r.simwe, ...?

I don't think that we should put r.terraflow into 5.0.x. To support
C++ properly requires non-trivial changes to the build system, which
would be best left for 5.1.

Actually, I don't think that we should put r.terraflow anywhere until
someone is willing to make it portable rather than just declaring that
"you must use gcc".