[GRASS5] GRASS5.1: d.vect.chart memory problem

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed May 28 06:01:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a vector map with attributes in a dbf file. There are 1165 entities
in the map and in the dbf file. I created a column COMET directly in the
dbf file and populated with values (actually 60 entities have an integer
value different from 0).

I would like to display a map with circles proportionate to the COMET
value. I tried to use d.vect.chart as follows:

d.vect.chart map=cp_clean columns=COMET sizecol=COMET

This begins to draw the circles but then uses up almost all of my 512MB of
RAM, giving me an 'OUT OF MEMORY!' error message after some time.

What could be the problem ? Is d.vect.chart the right tool for what I wish
to do ?

Moritz