[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSweb-list]spam prevention

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed May 28 08:51:18 EDT 2003

(cc 'grass5' etc)

A suggestion arrived to protect the GRASS mailing list archives
from automated spam email address harvesters:

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 11:26:38AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
[...]
> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 06:19:18PM -0700, Chuck Soper wrote:
> > Everyone must enter a generic
> > username and password to search the web archives. Example:
> > http://search.lists.apple.com/cocoa-dev
>
> Ah - this is a nice idea.

OK, now I have added the same trick here.

All mailing list archives on grass.itc.it should be closed now for
harvesters, but everybody can enter with the public password which
is printed in the authentication message (user: archives, pw: archives).

Thanks for this idea,

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
                 http://mpa.itc.it