[GRASS5] GRASS5.1: vector area maps with different colors by attribute

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat May 31 08:14:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

Next 5.1 question, again in order for me to know how to do things best at
the current state of affairs:

When I want to display a thematic area map with vector areas, do I
understand correctly that I will have to issue seperate d.vect commands
with a where clause for every class of data; i.e. something like:

d.vect map=cp fcolor=red where="comet>=10" type=area
d.vect map=cp fcolor=yellow where="comet<10 and comet >5" type=area
d.vect map=cp fcolor=green where="comet<=5" type=area

or is there a possibility to put this into one command, for example with a
color definition file ?

Moritz