[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 5 (RC5) available

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Nov 5 06:08:43 EST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 04:11:50AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> > After that the r.bilinear bugfix went in (tested, ok.).
> >
> > I suggest to release now.
>
> I've just noticed a bug which appears to have been introduced when the
> bulk of the grass5 script was moved to etc/Init.sh (and hence is
> present in 5.0.2). src/general/init/Gmakefile has this:
>
> 	$(SHELL) -c "sed -e \"s#GISBASE_VALUE#$(GISBASE)#\" -e \"s#PERL_COMMAND#$(PERL)#\" grass.src > $(GRASS_BIN)/$(START_UP) 2>/dev/null ; true"
>
> However, the line which this is fixing:
>
> 	GRASS_PERL=PERL_COMMAND
>
> has moved from grass.src to init.sh.
>
> BTW, the GRASS_WISH bug still hasn't been fixed. I'll commit a fix for
> that to the HEAD, but it definitely needs testing before inclusion in
> the release branch.

I really tend to release today, since there is no bugfix activity any more.

In favour of our users, we should not postpone releases forever, but be a
bit more reliable (not to offend anyone here, just a general statement).

The 5.0.3 release I have started in August:
Now we have November and it is still not published.

IMHO we should revise our release strategy.

Markus