[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.3 released

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 7 07:02:18 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 12:22:23PM +0100, Thierry Laronde wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:17:08PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 03:22:13PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > GRASS 5.0.3 is released now:
> > [...]
> > > Things still to do:
> > > (I leave this to others)
> > [...]
> >
> > I just want to inform, that I won't manage any future code release
> > with version number <= GRASS 5.7.x. Other volunteers are invited
> > to take over for any potential 5.0.x...5.6.x release.
>
> I think you took the correct decision to enforce us to work on 5.7++ ;)

GRASS has quite a conservative user base.
That is something that always was a concern for Markus, too.
Beside that the code base is gigantic.

Thus I consider it quite important that we continue
to at least maintain (very) stable release lines.
It is the only way we can avoid losing trust
trying to gain structure.

Structure is the precondition for us
to interest more people in GRASS and its development.

	Bernhard