[GRASS5] [bug #2213] (grass) fftw v3.0.1 - problem with compiling src

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Nov 8 15:26:58 EST 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2213

Subject: fftw v3.0.1  - problem with compiling src

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Hi! I was attempting to compile the latest stable version of GRASS 5 and experienced difficulty with the fftw libs. It seems that the new version of fftw (3.0.1) is incompatible with earlier versions. I downloaded and installed the latest fftw libs and the grass configure script complained that the fftw.h header still could not be found. It turns out that the latest fftw package dubs their api header 'fftw3.h'. Your requirements page in the sources did not mention that fftw v3 would not work. I'm certain that you're already aware of this, but I thought it might bear mention in some type of installation document.

Thanks,

Justin