[GRASS5] SEARCH_PATH

Thierry Laronde tlaronde at polynum.com
Fri Nov 14 15:22:02 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:50:08PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Ideally, I would like to remove all knownledge of the database
> structure from the individual modules, concentrating it within libgis.
> Modules wouldn't need to call G_find_file(), or even know what a
> mapset was; they would just pass the map name directly to
> G_open_cell_old() etc.

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: what I'm doing at the moment is clearing...GRASS 4.1.5
and looking closely to see all the hooks and all the half-ways,
weaknesses to get this overview that I'm after.

And FWIW, I will publish statistics about the cleaning I have made
(first pass already done resulting in 459 files/directories removed
in a regular basis i.e. via a Makefile piloting common deletions
and reading one file for "custom" cleaning with explanations)

The resulting tar.bz2 is... 4.6 Mb...
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde at polynum.org>