[GRASS5] [bug #2228] (grass) GRASS-Postgis: geometry_columns not updating

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Nov 17 23:39:32 EST 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2228

Subject: GRASS-Postgis:  geometry_columns not updating

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.1

GRASS doesnot update the geometry_column table in the postgis when
creating new table in the databsae. Softwares like mapserver and thuban
uses this table to get information about the available gometry tables
in the database. Even in the tutorial, mannual setting of this table
is explained(Where you explains about mapserver connectivity).
This table need to be automaticaly updated when we create a new
postgis geomatry table in grass.

 I think its a small bug and can be corrected soon.

Sajith VK