[GRASS5] NVIZ updates

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 09:21:06 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 05:49:21PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

[...]
> > So, any code which uses those functions should probably be
> > conditionalised upon GLX_VERSION_1_3.
> >
> > However, all of the lines which produce errors *are* conditionalised
> > upon GLX_PBUFFER_WIDTH. That macro is also specific to GLX 1.3.
> >
> > This suggests that the GL headers don't match the GL libraries (GLX
> > 1.3 headers with pre-1.3 libraries). In which case, even if the code
> > was conditionalised upon the correct macro, it would probably still
> > fail for you.
>
> Instead of checking the GL version, couldn't we check if
>  glXDestroyPbuffer()
> exists in the library with 'configure' (no idea how to do that, though)?

We talked about all this before and decided checking GLX_PBUFFER_WIDTH was
the best idea, as that means the PBuffer functions are definitely there.
And that missing function *is* there in the header files on my Cygwin
system; there must be some other problem as Glynn suggested that I'll have
to look into.

Paul