[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 4 (RC4) available

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 9 06:54:43 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 11:42:43AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 4 (RC4)
>
> ... is available for testing:
>
> http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass50/
>
> TODO: - update NEWS.html for the release
>       - else?

* The automatically created Changelog is missing the removal
  of the apngs code (because this was no commit).
  I suggest adding a hint manually.

* Unfortunately src.nonGPL got partly packaged,
  this needs to be removed from the tarball.

* I'm unsure if we should package all code that actually is not used
  in the tarball. We still have it in the CVS.
  Like src.garden/grass.java, unused, src.todo and some other stuff
  from src.garden and src.contrib.
  I suggest to not package them.

* It would be good style to create a detached signature for the
  tarball in addition to the useful md5sums.
  I suggest using Gnupg and a key of Markus as packager for the
  time being.