[GRASS5] GRASS, PROJ and NAD

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Oct 11 04:55:34 EDT 2003

I was playing a bit with PROJ and have generated
a Spearfish location with UTM/NAD83. Reprojection from
the sample NAD27 works well. Then I have created a
Spearfish-Lat-Long location and tried to reproject
data from the sample Spearfish location into.

Here I get the error:
r.proj in=elevation.dem location=spearfish mapset=PERMANENT
pj_transform() failed
cause: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
pj_transform() failed
cause: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
pj_transform() failed
cause: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
pj_transform() failed
cause: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
pj_transform() failed
[...]

Being no NAD expert, where is the trick?

Thanks in advance,

 Markus