[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 5 (RC5) available

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Oct 29 23:11:50 EST 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 5 (RC5) is available for testing:
> > > http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass50/
> >
> > Good.
> > It is nice to see that in got smaler in this RC cycle.
> > I'm wondering if we should also announce this to the user list
> > and other lists.
> > More testing means we could find showstopper bugs more easily.
> >
> > Also with more annoucements like this coming,
> > what about a GRASS announce list?
> >

> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:16:51 +0200
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/2921/match=rc5
>
> So far we had once response ("ok").
>
> After that the r.bilinear bugfix went in (tested, ok.).
>
> I suggest to release now.

I've just noticed a bug which appears to have been introduced when the
bulk of the grass5 script was moved to etc/Init.sh (and hence is
present in 5.0.2). src/general/init/Gmakefile has this:

	$(SHELL) -c "sed -e \"s#GISBASE_VALUE#$(GISBASE)#\" -e \"s#PERL_COMMAND#$(PERL)#\" grass.src > $(GRASS_BIN)/$(START_UP) 2>/dev/null ; true"

However, the line which this is fixing:

	GRASS_PERL=PERL_COMMAND

has moved from grass.src to init.sh.

BTW, the GRASS_WISH bug still hasn't been fixed. I'll commit a fix for
that to the HEAD, but it definitely needs testing before inclusion in
the release branch.